View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Hummer Novice

kube1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H3t/H3 Heated Mirror Mod

Use a heat gun to remove the mirror from its plastic plate. Get it quite hot. You will not need anything to pry it free. Doing so will most likely break it. The mirror is held on with 2 sides foam tape. When its hot enough it will come free. Be patient.

Remove the leftover tape from the plate with a your thumb. It will roll right off.

Clean all the residue from the mirror using alcohol or whatever you like. When its clean adhere the elements to mirror. I place mine above the lettersand slightly in on the passenger side. The drivers side is on center.

Drill holes in the plastic plate to feed the wires through.

Clean the plate with alcohol and use clear window grade silicone to glue the mirror back on.

Solder and heatshrink the 2 center wires together. I wired the mirror in series cut down the heat created. They get quite hot on their own.

Locate the fuse box under the hood in front of the battery. Remove the cover.

Remove the 2 nuts and pull away the 2 red wires they hold down. Unplug the 2 large plugs.

To remove the fuse block you must squeeze the tabs on either side and pull up on the small handles. It will pull straight out.

Underneath are 2 large connectors. Pull up on the center parts of the connectors until they click. If you don't they will not reseat properly when putting the fuse block back in. We will be modifying the connector closest to the fron of the box. It is held in by 3 tabs. Use a small screwdriver to pop the tabs free. When its free remove the bottom cover. It is held in place by 4 small tabs. It will pry free easily.

Last edited by kube1 : 01-14-2010 at 08:11 PM.