View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road
Default 2 Inch Lift on H2.

I am looking to lift my truck. But I dont want a 4inch or 6 inch lift. I just want a little bit of lift. Somewhere around 2 inches. Anyway I have a couple of questions and thought I would post my plan and see what you guys think.

Front End:
Currently the front end is all stock. I was thininking of cranking the T-Bars for another 1 1/2 - 2 inches for height.

But how far is the max I can crank for height before I max it out? I want to be sure that I can leave at least 1 full inch of upward motion if not more before whe arms hit the bump stops

Also how far can i lift without putting too much stress on the CV's and Tierods??? Is an 1 1/2 - 2 inches really going to stress them that much more??

I would also probubly get new shocks as well. I am currently running the original ones so im sure after the adjustment they would be rendered usless pretty quickly??

Back End:
I currently HAVE factory Air ride.

I was thinking I would really like the truck to ride at its extened ride height all the time in the rear with the possibility to raise it yet another 2-3 inches when pressing the ride height button on the dash.

I have some questions about that:
Can I just adjust the height sensors to make it ride higher and trick the computer?? Then press the button and get another 2 inches??
My gut tells me this will not work as the bags will not expand that far.

I was really thinking of placing a hockey puck under the air bag to help with this.

If raising this high, am I staring to change the geometry of the rear end too much. Trailing Arms? Drive Shaft? Brake Lines?

Any insite would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Eric

Last edited by HumminNBoatin' : 01-19-2009 at 09:25 PM.