View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2 Inch Lift on H2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmlnium
I just did the Truxxx lift kit on my 08 H2 sut. It is a 2"-3" in front with different keys and shock extenders and in the rear it is 1.25" coil spacers.. Took about an hour and a half to install and am very happy with the kit. It was $315.00 shipped.
I'd like to impart some valuable info to anyone who wants to do the torsion bar lift. IMO it's a waste of money to pay $267 for the <Truxx Torsion Bar Keys> with the shock extender brackets when for $44 ($22 each) you can buy the same keys from <gmparts direct>. Just order GM Part # 15592573.

With the money you save, you can buy quality Bilstein shocks which are longer and do away with the shock extenders. it's a much better way to go IMO.

Here's a photo I took which shows the difference between the OEM stock key on the H2 compared to the GM Part # 15592573.

'05 H2 Lux, 37" KM2's on 17" Hutchinson Double Beadlocks, Cognito UCA's, Cognito Sway Bar Links, Custom Hydro-Assist Steering Upgrade, Eaton Front Differential Locker, 1" Rear Coil Spacers, Chevy Green Key Torsion Bar "Lift," Bilstein Shocks, Warn 9.5ti Multimount Winch, Dual Optima Yellow Top Battery's, Piaa & Hella Off-road lights, Gobi Rack, Tru-cool External Transmission Oil Cooler, Diablo Predator Hi-Octane Tune.