View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2 Inch Lift on H2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTruck
SummitUP,

To get the full 2-3" from the Cognito kit, does one need to purchase the green keys also or can this amount of lift be had from the full crank of the stock t-bars? Thanks for the input in advance, DUCK
That's a good question Duck, and I would say it all depends. In my case I needed the "green keys" to get the lift I needed. The adjusting bolt on the driver's side only had a 1/4" of adjustment left before bottoming out (passenger side was at 1/2"), and turning it in all the way didn't give enough lift.

My advice to anyone wanting to do this is just go ahead and start cranking the T-bars up and see how far you can go. There's a tremendous amount of pressure on those adjusting bolts, and to avoid damaging the bolts (i.e. stripping the threads) it's highly advised to unload the front suspension first by jacking the front end high enough to get the front wheels off the ground. And don't forget the WD40!

One other thing to consider, is the torsion bar key installation tool is required to change the keys. Looks like this:

'05 H2 Lux, 37" KM2's on 17" Hutchinson Double Beadlocks, Cognito UCA's, Cognito Sway Bar Links, Custom Hydro-Assist Steering Upgrade, Eaton Front Differential Locker, 1" Rear Coil Spacers, Chevy Green Key Torsion Bar "Lift," Bilstein Shocks, Warn 9.5ti Multimount Winch, Dual Optima Yellow Top Battery's, Piaa & Hella Off-road lights, Gobi Rack, Tru-cool External Transmission Oil Cooler, Diablo Predator Hi-Octane Tune.