View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 Inch Lift on H2.

So, there are three options on that page.

Two are $460 and one is $680.00. I would think it would be better to use the extended length shocks over the added brackets as well.

So what is needed if you are going to raise the front end up 3".

maybe a full list with part#'s would allow us to order all teh correct parts at once.

Maybe we can list this out as FRONT and REAR parts added/modded.

I the past i turned the tbars up just a little, added fabtec tie rods and rancho shocks/steering stabilizer....but the shocks would blow out up front quickly....too short.

This time i want to add to the height (without doing another Rancho 4" kit), add to the steering support, idler/pivot support, and increase what little travel we can get up there.

So, what do I need?

Here's what I have so far:

FRONT:
Rancho steering stabilzer $55 RS5407
Fabtech tierods $245 FTS71002
GM green keys (3" lift to the front) $44 15592573
Cognito Idler Pivot Kit $200 IPAWG8
Cognito Pitman/Idler Support $216 PISK2008
Cognito Upper Control Arm Kit (someone please fill in all that is needed)
Shocks (not sure, I would like to go extended length without adding purchases)(does fox make the proper extended length)

Rear:
Samco rear Springs (1" of lift) $360 SCH2Rear Spring
Crown Brake Lines (+2 length) $159 CR-H2
Shocks (not sure on shocks needed) (fox maybe)
rear spring spacers (not sure if these would be needed after adding the samco springs or not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitUp
I couldn't agree more. I raised my front end a full 3" to accommodate the 37" KM2's. If the front end is cranked a full 3" and the OEM UCA isn't replaced with the Cognito UCA, the premature contact of the metal to metal bump stop on the OEM UCA's will create a harsh ride as the result. Also the angle of the upper ball joint on the OEM UCA will be too extreme, and will wear out prematurely.

<Click Here> for the full in detail information on this.

Here's a pic of my front suspension: