View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 03:09 AM
Hummer Novice

ctupton is on a distinguished road
Default DFW hummer owners, I need your comments and experiences

Hello everyone, This might turn out to be long winded but here it goes.

Our current family vehicle is a luxury GM product and has been the biggest POS. We bought it as a certified Pre-owned through the luxury brand (good thing to!). And this fine automobile has had a very long list of issues (Which I can get into if people want to know, but will refrain for time)... Anyway GM is sending me a Owner loyalty Certificate towards the purchase of a new GM vehicle. From growing up in Texas I know that GM truck based vehicles in the past hold up real well so we were thinking that maybe we should go that route. Also with this super great car based SUV not holding its value worth a darn we are real upside down (first time I had a used car depreciate faster than a new one) so the current incentives on the trucks and hummers are even more appealing. At first I was thinking Silverado, but then I drove the H3, and I was really impressed with the way it drove... more impressively my wife was impressed with the way it drove. So currently it is the short list of vehicles to pursue, but I've been reading on here for a week or two and thought I'd post asking for some advice and to ask some questions.

1.) any DFW area owners care to share their real world MPG city/hwy with this crappy methanol mix fuel (10% my rear)... Dealer tried to tell me that he has customers that get up to 20-22 on hwy, and you know the saying if it sounds too good to be true...

2.) How reliable have your h3's been? Anything I should expect? any causes for concern?

3.) Anyone use this as your primary family hauler? we currently have 2 small children and don't plan on having a third for a while, but curious if anyone has experience with putting 3 car seats in there?

4.) how old is old enough to take kids off-roading

We would of purchased on on pure impulse the other day with the GM employee pricing incentives and such, but the un-named luxury brand hasn't sent me the certificate yet, and the dealer says they need it at time of purchase and I can't bring it at a later time (which I understand... I don't like it but I understand). Thanks for reading and any advice or answers you got are appreciated.