View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GM To Sell Hummer Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom2
The auto bailout money you're referring to was part of an alternative energy bill that was passed awhile back but Congress held up on paying the money until now.This money is supposed to go to R and D of alternative energy vehicles and re-tooling of factories to make alternative and fuel efficient vehicles.I don't think they had building more Hummers in mind.

See to me all this is BS.... GM should at least keep one Off Road Rig in there line. The Rig Sells..!! There are people who will buy them. Sure..the economy is depressed and HUMMER's arn't selling well. But look at the rest of the industry. Every car Mfg is hurting.
It is also made in Africa... And most Euro peeps like the rig and buy it. They are big in Japan also.

Our country is like no other we have a large expanse of land mass with 1000's of roads and a gigantic interstate sysyem. We grew up on large cars and trucks. Large cars and trucks have a place in our country. Were Americans. This is our meat.!

This ..."were runing out of gas" crap and gas price stuff means nothing. There are plenty of us like myself who want big cars and Off road rigs. I can live with my 19.5 to 21 mpg in my H3. I'm willing to buy another HUMMER. When the time is right I will move into and H2. Weather they are still made or not. And I'll get less fule milage.

Let the tree huggers drive what they want and let me drive what I want.

It's time we stopped taking a beating from our government. I earned the right to drive what I want. This is AMERICA Land of the free...not the land of the Regulated.