View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hummer Eater......

what about your well-modd'd H2, phil? is that a hummer-eater on the trails?

i have limited offroad experience, but i've been going whenever a reasonable opportunity allows, and in a couple of times recently hanging with the guy down the road who drives a Rubi it seems to me that its not so hard to find things that a stock hummer does better than a stock rubicon (or vice-versa). The difference in size sort of makes them different. Some things a hummer makes look easy are a tip-risk or perhaps even a tip-certainty for the little rubi, and the stock M/T tires and lower weight seem to give the rubi the edge at mud bogging (i still have the factory tires).

Also, i am probably not the best driver to represent the H2 at some things, but the same could be said of him and the jeep, i guess.

But at the end of the day, the guy spent as much as it would cost for a new H3 for one of the least comfortable/quiet/practical vehicles available anywhere today, and i can't really see that the H2 isn't alot more bang-for-the-buck all around. Throw in the that Wranglers are driven by mobbing hoards of college kids everywhere and nearly ubiquitous...

just two pennies

Last edited by 31_bandits : 06-06-2006 at 03:00 PM.