View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 10:51 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does my Hummer need an air filter?

In response to those who mentioned the older cars lasting longer under extensive stress... let me say this

1) There is no baseline you are comparing against. I am sure you didnt have one car with a filter and one without, and then waited to see which one has issues first.

2) Again I mention that it isnt so much that the lack of an air filter will destroy an engine, it will just allow alot more garbage into the engine which will decrease performance and life

and lastly
3) You are comparing older technology with new, and you cant really do that. You are talking about iron blocks versus aluminum, aluminum components versus steel, etc.... Yeah your dad's vehicle might have been able to take more, but it also worked harder to produce less. Todays engines are able to work easier and produce more.

Given, I understand that if you dont have the money or the supplies, that you have to make do sometimes... but I definitely wouldnt want to buy a car that was treated like that nor would I be the owner treating mine like that.

Just saying...