View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 09:43 PM

AlamoJim is off the scale

I post in that forum...and I have read the entire thread your talking about...it seems that for the most part they are having fun at the expense of the mall queen H2s. There are at least a couple of H2 owners that were crazy enough to actually post there (craniac, myself), and they gave kudos for actually taking it offroad. Like argonaut said, even we notice that many of the H2 owners are image obsessed - we are the odd balls in the H2 world because we actually go offroad.

I have seen several posts deriding the mall queen H2s in this forum...a couple of them have discussed 'offroading' an H2, but how many kids in your neighborhood would vandalize your H2 if you left it out every night? not many, but a couple. I think several of those guys are hardcore offroaders that would have a good time if we went with them because they simply have no idea of what an H2 CAN do - not enough H2 owners have the guts to take it out and use it.
They were even saying that the new H2 commercial (big race) was one of the best off road vehicle commercials they had ever seen.

jealous of us, some...skeptical of our capabilities -absolutely.

what is funny is that the VP of DC even said that 90% of jeep vehicles will not go offroad. I guess that they are more like us than they know! (just on a different budget!)

pretty soon all the 'free trails' will be closed by the sierra club and then half of them won't be able to afford to go 4wheelin!