View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why is a JK Wrangler So Much Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
There is a caveat here. You arguement holds the logical fallacy that because you you both completed the trails together, both rigs are equally capable. That is simply not true. In reality, the JK will do a lot more than the H2 off-road and the JK could do a lot tougher trails than two drove on.

CO,

I realize what you are saying. I've seen it too. The thing is....on those trails, the two different rigs kept the same pace and we took the same lines. All the trails we ran are listed among the top 10 hardest in Moab.

You should be able to run Pritchett and Rusty Nail, but even a lifted and locked JK will be pushing their limits there.

How many trails do you think the JK opened up to you in the Moab area? Five more? Seven? The extra trails available to you now also include the substantial risk of breakage. Most people I know that run those trails....tow their rigs.

How many people out there really wheel their rigs this hard? Hell almost everyone I know thinks I'm crazy for doing this to an H2.

I used to consider buying some Franken-fawk rig to beat the crap out of in Moab.

I do like the JK's. There is much to like, not enough to trade my H2 though. This has to be a one rig for everything situation for me, and the Hummer still has more positives than the JK in my situation.

I was serious about the buggy though. I may be running Pritchett with you guys.......Hell, If I'm gonna tow it anyway.