View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale
Default Re: Why the FJ Cruiser is no Threat to the H3

See, I agree with 31 bandits. Once you start doing all this stuff to a vehicle, it's become something else. Would you actually want to drive that LC around all the time?? It has to walk all over the place, not to mention the handling. In my mind, it's stock or nothing. Putting all this money into modifications is silly. I was just driving around, looking at stock LC's. There is hardly any room for articulation (same for the FJ), and there's so much overhang front and back. I had a '99 LC, and it was just not made for heavy duty off-road venturing. Unless you modified it. But then it's a modified off-road vehicle, not a LC. So all comparisons should be stock/stock. Maybe we should make that a rule.

Back to the FJ, I just want to see one following me or an H3, both COMPLETELY STOCK, and see which comes out on top. No mods. Just what the factory gave you.

IF, for some reason, you WANT to compare stock to ungodly modified, then both vehicles SHOULD BE MODIFIED. This comparing stock to modified is stupid. Because, obviously, the modified one will be better.

Besides, I could probably take an Aztec with 4WD, and make it into an awesome modified off-road beast. It would have sharp looks (don't cut yourself on the pointy edges), all the soccer mommy comforts (and air vents EXACTLY like an H2!), and it would look sooooo cool!

Last edited by Aubs : 06-06-2006 at 11:44 PM.