View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ground hawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hummer of Columbus

Well the story gets stranger.

This weekend I took my H1 to Bob Ross in Centerville, Ohio. Met with Randy Rupert, Service consultant, real nice guy, went over the Hummer with him and made sure he new what I wanted, and what I expected from them. He then introduced me to the tech (Nick Elkins) that would be working on my vehicle. Explained everything to him, and he in turn Explained every thing that he would be doing. The Main reason for this Visit was to Balance the rear tires and replace the radius arms. well I sat down in there service lounge had a coffee, went out side and had a smoke, back in for another coffee(this went on for some time). Finlay Nick comes out to see me. "Phil, we seem to be having a problem". OK whats up??
"Well we balanced all the tires for you, the fronts were slightly out as well. but we cant move the radius arms on the rear." so I ask him to add some heat. "I have, I still can't get them to move". I tell him that's strange, as Columbus Hummer managed to move them 4 months ago.(and chew them all up). "don't think so" Nick tells me. "If they had adjusted them 4 months ago I'd be able to move them now. and your rear end wouldn't be out by 1/4 inch."

So that would explain why the marks are only on the top and bottom of the arm and not all around, and why the arm is distorted. If the arm doesn't turn you only have the two contact points.

OK FOLKS WHAT DO I DO NOW???
HOW WOULD YOU PROCEED WITH THIS??
HELP ME!!!!!