View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 05:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

vlxjim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ultimate iPod adaptor and 10Min install

“I'm curious as to why you did not put install the unit in place of the CD changer? I have a usaSpec that plugs into the changer cable and brings the Ipod up on the nav screen as the CD Changer with 6 99 song play lists. Will this unit install in the changer position instead of messing with my XM?”

USASpec was the one that I first looked at but it did not offer the same advantage that the X2i offers. First anyone can install it and it only takes 10 min. Second you do not have to cut the stock wiring harness if you have stock XM. Third it does more than the USAspec there is no need for switches. The X2i gives you full Nav control of the iPod with the push of a button full front of your iPod control. There is NO LIMIT on the number or name of the play list and as many song as you what. I have 22 play list most with well over 100 songs and a few with over 1000 songs. And the X2i has no problem playing them, displaying the name of the play list, artist, song and track number. You can select the XM, Ipod or AUX input and the nav display show which mode your in. I can still use a CD changer as well.