View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

LV_H2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ultimate iPod adaptor and 10Min install

Absolutely! A much better unit when it comes to functionality and no cutting/splicing of any wires. You can remove the unit in 5 minutes, or replace it in the future.

In fact, after installation of my unit, I was hearing more backround "white noise" using Onstar. I removed the unit, going back to the original configuration of the truck. Turns out my new H2 just has slightly more backround noise with Onstar than my 2004 or 2005 H2. It had nothing to do with the Nucleus unit. I have re-installed the Nucleus X2i.

I would like to move the location fron the glovebox to the center console, as this would allow you to use manual (control via the iPod) or automatic (control via the NAV screen) modes. I removed the center console insert, but I couldn't get the ipod adapter wire threaded through the rest of the center console easily. It can be done, I just didn't have a fish tape or other threading device handy and I was pressed for time.

In answer to hummer.dad, I think this is the best unit out there and the install and sound are great. I still find scrolling from the iPod to be a better interface than scrolling via the NAV screen. Even manually scrolling from the iPod beats fumbling around for the next CD, plus you can have your whole music library in the palm of your hand. Overall, I am very happy with the unit.

2007 Victory Red LE H2
2005 Yellow H2 - Traded
2004 Victory Red LE H2 - Traded