Thread: END OF LEASE
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

nychot is on a distinguished road
Default END OF LEASE

well, 27 months seemed to fly by and today we turned in our black 2007 hummer h3 lux. aside from a tire that went bad on us (and was replaced by the dealer) and the plastic doo-dad that is on the emergency brake handle breaking off, and unnecessary to replace, we never had a single problem in close to 20,000 miles. other than the cost of gas when it skyrocketed, and the horrific gas mileage always (it actually got worse over the months, probably 13), we really enjoyed this vehicle as did our dogs, one of whom had to be sadly put to sleep recently. had gmac or the dealer offered a reasonable deal on a new lease or a very reasonable resale price on the exisiting hummer we would have kept it, or even replaced it with another new leased hummer. but gm, about to go broke, and hummer dealers stacked up with new and used models, no decent deal was forthcoming. my friends who dont have gm vehicles couldnt believe that they werent willing to bargain. leases on new hummers are out of sight. and we dont buy new vehicles. so i guess our hummer days are over. we were sorry to see it go. my wife, like i, really loved the vehicle. c'est la vie.