View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 03:39 PM

DougW is off the scale

Steve,

Your charge up the hill was truely awesome. If I hear about a video of it I'll do my best to capture it and forward to you!

BTW, here's my run up the same hill on June 7th. My V8 1993 110's long wheelbase helped, and remember I'm running open front & rear diffs! ;-)

http://www.kangol.net/lwb/movies/CIMG1060.AVI

PS: Marsha loved her ride in your rig -- you definitely had the comfort factor down.

PPS: Basically, Defenders, Hummmers, Disco's, Jeeps are all different trucks and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. It's a shame the rivalry gets a little ugly sometimes, and for that I apologize for the Rover community. If I had to run from San Diego to Costa Rica (something I want to do someday) I think I'd pick a diesel 110 over any of 'em -- but that truck is sadly not available in the U.S.

Then there's Carrie (forget her last name), owner of a highly modified D-90 rock crawler that routinely wins big rock competitions in places like Johnson Valley here in CA. These super-agressive Land Rover owners rarely turn out for trip events -- always perferring to invest their time in organized competitions where the modified Jeeps, custom rods and Defenders square off.

But you, my friend, will always remain King of the HILL!! It was a great to have you along Sunday! Hope I can join you on a Hummer expedition one day.

Best,

Doug Walker
Trip Leader