View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Coil spring spacers

That's a good thread you linked to...I'll take that into consideration. Maybe replacing the springs and shocks is a better route than just adding spacers. It's something to consider. I'm not looking to do this mod until late summer when I move to new rims (AMX Mojave Teflon 18") and 37" BFG MTs. I'll just have my dealer do all the work at once.

In addition to the Cognito UCA leveling kit and the Bilstein shocks I added the Cognito Pitman and Idler Arm Support kit and Cognito HD Tierods. The ride is perfect...same as factory. I had originally tried the Truxx keys and cranked them to level the truck, but the ride SUCKED. The Cognito gear brought everything back to a stock feel.

I recommend reading the info on Cognito's site...maybe even talking to a Cognito sales person. From my understanding, their whole setup reduces the stress on the frontend parts...and after breaking an OEM tierod on the side of a mountain in Maine I knew that the OEM setup was not optimal.

It's been about 2 years and 30,000 miles (street and trail) with the complete Cognito setup and I have ZERO complaints about the ride.