View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:27 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Have you kept your Onstar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdougl
I used it for remotely unlocking the doors once, that was scary to think they can unlock your doors from anywhere and open the microphone and listen in with police approval of course. I guess now they can even shut down the engine if it is reported stolen. But when they went digital I never had mine upgraded, but I don't think I will pay $90.00 for a storage compartment If money is no object try researching Bluestar that uses the microphone and speakers for cell calls.
http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html

Not to start any flame wars but you say you wont pay 90 dollars for a storage box, but you will pay 300 for something a 20 dollar blue tooth headset can do (and you arent tethered to the car until the call is done)?
I mean I agree it is a cool option, but I had "BMW concierge" in my m3 (basically BMW onstar kinda and allowed for phone calls too) and it was great, but it became a hassle when I was talking on the phone and wanted to leave the car. Now I have good pair of skull candy headphones on me at all times. awesome stereo sound and i can talk to people and since they are isolation type buds (the ones that go deep in your ears) I can hear every word.

Sometimes the best thing isnt more, but actually less :-p