View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Future of Hummer value?

I paid $56,790 for my 2006 H2 from the dealer and I was just glad to have one because H2s were going fast in those days. It's going to be a long time if ever, before it reaches that price again, but I have no intentions of selling anyway. I have a 1991 Corvette ZR1 that some dealers were getting as much as 100k for when they came out, now you would be lucky to get 35k for a nice one, so you never know - buy what you enjoy driving because investing in cars can be expensive business! I agree though that any old pre '68 Corvette, any Lamborghini, any Ferrari or Shelby anythings are good investments, but more importantly fun to drive. I've been into sports cars and classic cars for years, look at the fastest and "coolest cars" of when you were 16 and then extrapolate that to being 50 now and having the funds to buy one and then you can see what cars are peeking. '57 Chevies are on the way down, Chevy Nomads appear to have peeked, Cobras are holding value and older GT350s are still increasing, and those who bought the Caddy straight eights or '55 Tbirds a decade ago have taken a bath. There was a big article in a June 1999 C&D about the 1999 Isuzu Vehicross being the first SUV collectible and sure to increase in value because of its limited 1900 unit production, power and styling and some paid well over sticker on them - it hasn't happened.

Hummer, like nothing else

Last edited by HummerMann : 07-03-2010 at 12:56 PM.