View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 11:41 AM

maybe some day... is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike97ZJ:
As far as the Pine Barrens, I was told on another board that it isn't legal to wheel there. I think you can get in anyway, as some guys on the Jeep board I go to wheel there ocasionally. If you do go there, you do it at your own risk. Not sure what the penalties are if you get caught in there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live on the edge of the Pine Barrens and there has been quite a lot in the local news about crack downs on illegal off-roading - mostly talking about ATVs but all activities are being targetted for heavy enforcement. Most of the Pine Barrens is privately owned and posted for no trespassing. Obviously many people ignore the signs and break down fences and so on. The local police say that first offences are now a certain ticket as warnings just don't work. Also, there were some private areas where 4 wheeling was winked at by the land owners. Apparently there were some serious injuries last year and this well known area is now shut down.
AFAIK, there is no sanctioned off-roading in the pine barrens except by arrangement (invitation only) with private land owners. I think that your best bet is to get in with a club that has an existing arrangement with someone.