View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 04:48 PM

David in Germany is off the scale

Oh My god! some people show so much arrogance!
I spent 11 years in the US Army Transportation Corps and spent most of that time (Working) on the Hummers that were assigned to me. Not to nock the grocery getters but to wheel a hummer is like certain repairs to come! My fist hummer problems was when I was stationed in Califonia and hit a small bump leading to a cattle crossing at about 25 mph.... the truck had about 25k miles on it and broke an axel!
I have taken my stock (except for tires) 87 4runner to places that hummers cannot climb ( watched them try) and I know that toyota DID NOT COPY a ford for the tacoma design "SJ" whatever you are smoking, Will you share? as per ford Most parts are currently manufactured by Mazda and mitsubishi.... Huh did you know that? Oh and what did the head of Chevy put out at the beginning of this year? Oh Yeah it was the admitance that the past products have been crap but they promise to do better "oh What a Campagn"!!! now there was a quote about ford assisting Jag in the new productions.... Do you realize since this has happened the customer satisfaction rates have droped lower than ever? and Oh, by the way GM is now majority owner of Volvo and the customer satisfaction has followed Jag's customers but have you noticed that TOYOTA has stayed strong? I have! so Your hummer may be a great family vehicle an it may be a better than normal (stock) than the typical truck. but for offroading all have there strong points but A Toyota with mild mods Vrs a Hummer with mild mods... My money is on the Yota. I personaly would never own another American Truck and I served My USA in the military so you and I could have a different oppinion.

Sorry if it seems long winded but open your minds to other options people!
SJ, I still wana know what you are smoking!
David

Can't we all just get along!?