View Single Post
Old 06-15-2003, 03:05 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

First of all, whether someone offroad of not, or buy 26” rims, it is not my business, I do not look down or up on them. I certainly have my opinion, but that is for myself only. Once I reached middle age, I divide a lot of things into “my business” or “not my business”, surely simplifies many things in life.

It has often been said here, “why do you buy a Hummer if you don’t go offroad?”
Well, personally I never look at the Hummer as an offroad machine, for one thing, offroad was not in my life nor in my social circles, it is completely off the radar screen and irrelevant to me. When I bought a Hummer, I never consider I was buying an offroad vehicle, still don’t. This may not be easy for some offroad people to accept, my guess it is because they are so involved in the offroad world, they think everyone else in the world are aware of their hobby, such however, is not the case.

If you asked me what is a Hummer before I bought it, my answers would have been 1/ Military. 2/ Safari (I love animal shows), 3/ Mean looking vehicle.

To me, Hummer was not and is not a luxury brand, and it was/is not a prestigious or status brand. I will be the first one to tell you I am always very hooked on prestigious luxury brands, and would not consider any automobiles without such brands, such as MB, Jaguar, BMW or Cadillac. I am in no way ashamed of it, such is my life and my world and everybody else in it. Many people will pretend they are not that way and above it all, I don’t believe them but that’s not my business. To buy a Hummer, I thought I was stepping down to a cheaper truck.

Why did I buy the Hummer? 1/ Love at first sight. I saw it and it grabbed me. “You had me at first Hello.” 2/ I buy the image, therefore I am. 3/ Paradigm shift in image, from time to time I want to do something totally unexpected and shocking to people around me. 4/ Status, I did not buy Hummer for the status but that came with the Hummer, not a wealthy status but an unique Hummer status.