View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

MajorGeek is off the scale
Default Saw H3T yesterday, your thoughts?

I would have bought it on the spot, but it has the I5 and cloth and was in black, a color I prefer to avoid. Those who dont know me, I have not been around in a long time, I had an H3 early on, got rid of it and am driving an off road blue 07 H2 since march of 07. I need a pickup truck now and dont really drive my H2 much and the H2truck is frankly borderline useless. Hence my interest in a H3T since I love a good Hummer.

The H3T is better looking in person and your first thought. Frankly, it almost looks more H1 like then any other Hummer I have seen, reminding me of a H1 mainly due to the bed in back having similar shape to the old H1. The H2, even with the small truck version does not have the same proportion. I like the tail bed accessories and features, it was well thought out to be super functional. Frankly, the pockets are great and available accessories awesome and this makes the truck worth building. A trailer hitch with a step is almost immediately required, its a good step up to the bed. The longer wheelbase makes for a more comfortable ride that is noticeable to any H3 owner. The interior looks like I remember it, so I will leave that alone, although I forgot to check if the center console has more room.

My dealer is pricing me an H3T Alpha, so being out of the loop (over 2 years on an H3) heres a few questions for you regulars if you could update me on where were at with these things...

Have you seen the H3T yet and what were your impressions?
I thought the 6 cylinder was going to be standard on the H3?
Hows the 8 cylinder work on the H3?
How come a backup camera is not standard yet?
Any word on a more roomy center console, always hated that?

I think thats all, thanks in advance for your comments.