View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 06:07 PM

H2 Recovery Vehicle is off the scale

Wow, I'm glad to see some of the H2 crowd beginning to come to their senses. Comparing an H2 and a Jeep is kinda like comparing a Cooper Mini, and a Corvette. Both are good for what they were designed to do.

I have been four wheeling for many years, and am active in the off road community. I have wheeled with Jeeps, (mostly), Toys, Samauris, and Hummers - both 1s and 2s.

The H2 does pretty well on Moab sort of terrain where excellent traction exists. For muddy, wet or even varied terrain where traction suffers the Jeep modified or not has a weight advantatage over the H2 - its just too damn heavy. I notice there were no deep mud crossings in the vid - thats because the Jeeps got in deeper in the mud before they got stuck!

Oh, and once a Hummer is stuck its a whip to recover. Yes, I have a Hummer Recovery Sticker on my Jeep - but I earned it.

Several times.

The same day.

One particular H2 took THREE winches to recover it. Two on other Hummers - one an H1 with a warn 12K.

Upshot, lets just wheel and have fun within whatever flavor of wheeling we choose.

Just don't spill your Gray Poupon on those heated seats - and keep the wine chilled!