View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kerry insults every man and woman in uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.ssippi
You are able to say those things about our Commander in Chief and his policies because of our troops. I think most of the troops believe in our Commander in Chief, with the liberal press we only hear about the ones that don't believe in him and what we are doing over there. During a time of war I don't think our troops should hear anything negative while they are fighting over there. I know alot of you are young, but so am I. I know most of you "youngins" have at least read about Vietnam and how our troops were treated when they came home. I personally think that even if you don't believe 100% in what we are doing over there, you damn well better pretend that you do. Change things when you go in and vote. But other than that shut up and support our troops with everything you have. People "your age" are very proud to live in the USA, that is why they join the service. HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE !!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but that's a highly ignorant viewpoint. Blindly supporting a leader because you're trying to be "patriotic" and "an American". You know what happens when a nation does that, when they're fueled by the idea of a nationalism, blind to whatever injustices might occur along the way? You end up with a situation that none of us want to be in, fascism.

You're telling me if I enjoy my freedoms I need to just support the Comander in Chief (CIC) and go along with things? That's BS. If I wanted to praise the CIC, act like he was the greatest, and stand behind him 100%, I'd move to North Korea or Iran. I don't agree with what's been done, and I am not a bible-thumper, and I am certainly not a conservative. I am also not an extreme liberal. And I see no reason why I should be 100% supportive. Is your SS going to come after me, and silence me because I don't agree? Are they going to try to make me fit? I have the right to speak, as do you, but this is true in MANY countries, so don't act like it's just the US. And I'd give more credit to the leaders of the past for those rights, not the leaders of today.

And you're saying I need to silence what I feel for the national good. Go spend some time reading about history. The US is not immune from the damage that nationalism plays on any civilization. We can just as easily end up in the pitfalls of history. We have to remember what's happened in the past, and what goes arwy when a leader is not questioned. This country was built by those who were not happy with their government, who wanted new freedoms, and who were willing to stand up and say their mind. What's happened? Obviously, you've become a mindless drone. And mindless drone=/=American.

And the liberal press idea? Give me a break. Travel somewhere else in the country, and the "liberal press" sounds more moderate than you'd like to believe. I think the troops should know the truth, even if it is negative. Why should they be prevented from knowing? Don't you think they have a strong enough conviction to handle the truth? You think they might flee if they do?

And as for voting, I hope Democrats win the majority. I don't like either party really, but I certainly don't like what's been going on in there lately. So I think the Democrats deserve a shot. But I think the reason the Republicans hold such a strong voter turn out: religion. I don't even want to talk about that though, because I have a feeling some people here wouldn't understand the anthropological underpinnings of why it exists, and how it influences the control of a leader over a complex society. Why do you think all political parties try to so hard to win over the religious vote?

But should you support the military? Absolutely! These are guys that are actually standing up, and fighting for something. I think some of them are happy to fight for the current CIC. Others are probably not. But I think they believe that they are protecting "their" America, meaning what they value about home, their views. And I think that makes them more American than most "Americans" here at home.

But you have some dangerous ideals that would silence dissenters and keep the military cut off from the truth of real events. You think those are good ideas???

Last edited by BlueHUMMERH2 : 11-01-2006 at 03:39 PM.