View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boulderhummer:
Hey guys, just had a mechanic buddy of mine install the K&N intake kit (whole kit that replaces the entire stock unit). Couple good things about this kit. I do notice that the truck in more responsive and it sounds a little better. A magnaflow exhaust will be next. Anyone know where i can order that?
The problem I'm having is that the check engine light is on steady. According to our manual, this isn't abnormal. Been on the phone with K&N and 2 Hummer dealers. K N says that the Hummers computer needs about 150 miles so it can adapt to the new [more ] airflow. I know there is an extremely amount of techical knowlege with some of you guys on here. Has anyone put this on their truck, or does anyone have another alternative in regards to the engine light on. I"m about half way to the 150 mile mark, but for some reason i don't think that is going to turn the light off. the dealer said they could hook it up to the computer. i suppose that will just turn the light off for the time being.
thanks for any info guys,,i'll post some pics of the unit.
bret
boulder, lux ebony, chrome appear w/ wheels, trailer, 33 in Nitto grapplers, letter inserts, magnaflow to come </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only thing that should have been switched over to the new intake is the MAF sensor. Maybe look there first to make sure it isn't damaged and the connector is on tight. If the breather hose is off some air is not being metered and may throw an excessive fuel trim code.

You can try having onstar read the codes to you with the description of the code. If you don't want to use onstar, there is one autoparts store that will read your codes for free - maybe Advanced???. Any OBDII scanner will read the code.