View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 04:18 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Somehow I missed this thread. Can you imagine that?

I'd like to think that we can sum it up as this: We'd welcome anyone who can contribue to this forum in a positive manner. Simple as that. Nobody has a problem with Mike, and he's contributed substantially. Many people here have not yet bought their H2's and some are only contemplating it....not all of us are owners.

While I did not see the Rover-Rage when they invaded, I did expereince the Jeeper-Assualt and can imagine what happened. It's not fun to log-on and find your clubhouse trashed. I enjoy this forum tremendously...when I bought my H2 I did more then just replace a vehicle; I gained a new hobby...and more friends. This is a place where we share our interest and pleasure in owning our H2's...this should not be a place where we feel insulted, attacked or amongst hostile 'invaders'.

Anyone who fails to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the efforts and theme of this forum should not be allowed to stay.

I have not seen the ugly side of Thom, I strolled along after Jason cleaned up the smut. My experience has been positive: I agrued with him on some issues and found myself better educated about offroading. I don't agree with all he has to say....but MAC teaches us that it's a good thing to disagree (I'm not sure I agree with that?).

I was not happy to read the post Thom put to his list...but I can understand to some degree the desire to show-off to his own kind. I'm going to judge him by what he shows/tells us...and while the start was a bit harsh, he seems okay to me. He gave me some darn good info on tires...and I'll bet he's got some significant insight into other modifications down the line. Any resource is a good thing...just as long as he isn't offending anyone (too much).

Just calling it as I read it. Seems to me he one day will be an H2 owner, much as Mike will too. They're just in a bit of Hummer-denial.