View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In pursuit of the best WHISKEY......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
Its a sad day when the pursuit of the best whisky turns to Japan. This is a major sore point with the Scots - we support the American attempts at Whiskey - because lets face it the tradition of making good whisky was brought there by the Scots and the Irish originally - but Japan - WTF do they know about the tradition of whisky making - they took an age old tradition and bastardised it to mass produce the crap that they call whisky. Hell we have whisky that is still maturing in barrels that is older than the original 1929 "whisky" that they produced.

I am not anti Japanese by the way - but I am against wankers attempting to copy the traditions of generations.

One of the reasons that Sean Connery (in fact pretty much the reason) is not actually welcome in Scotland is because he became the face of Suntory Whisky - believe me he was ripped to shreds in Scotland for that traitorous act.

There are over three hundred fine Single Malt Whisky's from Scotland to choose from - you guys haven't even scratched the surface yet - dont f##k with a heritage and tradition that goes back further than before we even knew Japan existed.

LOLZ at the Japanese outrage. Scots still make the best whiskey IMO.

But to say one country can and one cannot is funny because the Japanese will eventually perfect the technique and go one better. And they do it with more discipline and cleanliness.

Sean Connery knows his whiskey. He's been exposed to the best and can afford the best.

For him to publicly say Japan makes a better whiskey must hurt in many ways.

I am sure of one thing though, when it comes to cars, electronics, fashion, sushi and sake, the Scots don't belong.

But them drunkies still make a wicked scotch.

My Video Collectionez