View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Terrorists dont use credit to buy WMD!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
How about "due process"? How about protection from illegal search and seizure?

I just don't see those rights as I understand them to have been violated.

4th amend't says: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

I'm just not aware of any unreasonable searches. Maybe there have been some. I just can't fathom how we would have defeated some of the powerful enemies we conquered in the past, such as the Nazis or Imperial Japan, if we had been complaining about the government looking at our library cards. In that situation, the government was rationing basic necessities and (as was necessary) drafting and forcing young men out of their private lives in the MILLIONS to don a uniform and risk, and in 400,000 cases, lose their lives. It seems that worring about the government looking at credit reports seem so, so insignificant in comparison - such a minor intrusion, if there is any chance it could help us defeat our enemies or save any of the lives of our civiliians or troops.