View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ground hawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hummer of Columbus

all I have asked them to do is replace the damaged radial arms cost is aprox $120 for the two, and 2 ctis disconnects about $60 for the 2, Where is the $1100 worth of damage. clearely this compant is making alot of money on parts mark up also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2007 1:32 PM
To: mlseymour@columbus-ohbbb.org
Subject: Ground hawg

Dear Mary Lou Seymour

Hummer of Columbus will not pay for damages we did not create. The air valves were damaged by the customer and not our shop. We aligned the rear of the vehicle in January if these valves were damaged by us it would not have taken 4 months to figure it out. In the meantime the customer has performed several several repairs to the vehicle which require removal of the valves. The customer admitted to me that he has replaced all four tires himself. If we had done all the repairs to the vehicle in the past and the customer had not performed repairs I could see his argument. But when people other than my shop have performed services it is hard to believe we created the problem with the valves. We have only worked on the vehicle one time in January 2007.Where has this vehicle been the rest of its life. Somebody recently the engine and various other repairs. As for the radius arms, we had to move them to adjust the rear alignment. The scratches in the metal are cosmetic and it is common to turn the radius arms with a big pipe wrench to align the rear wheels. To put things in perspective the undercarriage of this vehicle has many scratches to the frame from offroading according to Mr. Hawg's train of thought I guess the frame should be replaced? The radius arms are in good working order and are performing to American General Specs. The customer is not complaining of a rear align tracking problem. To make this simple the radius arms perform a very simple function they hold the rear wheels in align along with the upper and lower control arms as well as the coil springs. These items are subject to mud, water, rust, rocks, dirt, brush, and anything else this vehicle might encounter on or off the road. This customer is asking for aprox. $1100.00 in repairs that he isn't entitled to. Once again I will say if I thought for a moment that we damaged this vehicle or devalued or made it unsafe to drive I would not hesitate to make the repairs at our expence.If I was Mr. Hawg's I would be more concerned about the engine that is leaking oil from several places and could cause him problem down the road more that a few scratches in a piece of metal that was built to take abuse from off roading.
Hummer of Columbus will not pay for valves and tie rod ends that are not damaged. The customer damaged his own air valves and the cosmetic scratches on the tie rod ends do not impair their function. Ask Mr. Hawg's if he wants the frame replaced because of off roading scratches. This is getting a little ridiculous at this point.

Brad Johnson
General Mgr.
Hummer Of Columbus