View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 01:44 AM

Lucci is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeezNUTS:
Lucci....
... Have you heard from the dealership what the problem might be? ... the ONstar turns on like it was activate the whole time, ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They could not find anything; no unusual drain on the system. Twice they had it for more than a week to monitor, and the first time for 4 days; nothing. They initially said it was the Eclipes installation, but when the Eclipse tech called them they changed their tune. after a couple months of this and nothing, the only thing left to do was to uninstall the Navi. It has been 10 days since the uninstall and no problem. In the past I had it go dead in 3 weeks; then 11 days, and the last time it only lasted 4 days (and they had just put in a new battery) When taking out the Eclipse they noticed that the chime interface would chime when wiggled, even though the vehcle was off and no key in it. Not sure what that means though, they did not think that could cause the draining of the vehicle. I guess we won't know for sure until/if we go for 3 weeks without a problem. The bad news is that if everything works fine; then we have to start troubleshooting the Navi. The install shop said that they cannot test until it is put back in the vehicle. If that is the case, then I have to look forward to the unit going dead again and again until they can figure it out. I would really like to hear if anyone has any thoughts on this cuz I don't look forward to that should everything work normally with out the Eclipse in it.