View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H3 diesel, revisited

I agree, their stupid ads more than prove that. One can dream.

The Hummer story backs you up. H2s would sell like Chinese finger puzzles at a leper colony were it not for the bogus tax break. (sorry folks, it's true, if I've seen one H2 with a nail solon ad or real estate ad on the window, I've seen a thousand) Hummer somehow got away from what I thought (yeah, sometimes I'm as shallow as a parking lot puddle) Hummer stood for because of that market. My vision of what Hummer should be is tough, "Like Nothing Else", a tougher, stouter version of what everyone else sells. It would appear that you're %100 percent correct. Bling this, bling that, screw the offroad enthusiast. C'mon, don't they make Cadillacs for a reason?

The aftermarket companies seem to more than support your argument. The FJ and new four door Heep has been out a year and the aftermarket's allllll over supporting those guys. It was as if we had to go out and beg for people to make so much as a freakin' bumper for the H3.

I hate to be doggin' on the picture here, but it's the truth and it's hard to understand.

H3 is the salvation of the Hummer line with the offroad enthusiast being a good hard central core and despite their rhetoric by the marketing folks, I'd be hard pressed to believe it.