View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

BuzzH3 is off the scale
Default Re: H3 diesel, revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
I agree, their stupid ads more than prove that. One can dream.

The Hummer story backs you up. H2s would sell like Chinese finger puzzles at a leper colony were it not for the bogus tax break. (sorry folks, it's true, if I've seen one H2 with a nail solon ad or real estate ad on the window, I've seen a thousand) Hummer somehow got away from what I thought (yeah, sometimes I'm as shallow as a parking lot puddle) Hummer stood for because of that market. My vision of what Hummer should be is tough, "Like Nothing Else", a tougher, stouter version of what everyone else sells. It would appear that you're %100 percent correct. Bling this, bling that, screw the offroad enthusiast. C'mon, don't they make Cadillacs for a reason?

The aftermarket companies seem to more than support your argument. The FJ and new four door Heep has been out a year and the aftermarket's allllll over supporting those guys. It was as if we had to go out and beg for people to make so much as a freakin' bumper for the H3.

I hate to be doggin' on the picture here, but it's the truth and it's hard to understand.

H3 is the salvation of the Hummer line with the offroad enthusiast being a good hard central core and despite their rhetoric by the marketing folks, I'd be hard pressed to believe it.

The problem is that if GM only built and marketed the H3 at the hard-core off-road crowd, then there wouldn't be an H3 anymore. There is no way they would sell enough of them to justify continuing to build it. I for one, don't care for the chrome, but I am glad that it is an option as well as the H3X because it keeps the H3 selling to a much, much larger market. That means that they can continue to build it and improve it every year. The Alpha is a more capable off-road vehicle than previous models which tells me that GM is heading in the right direction. So what if it has chrome. I would only be concerned if GM started replacing the off-road capabilities with bling. That's not the case though. I don't think that GM is getting away from the Hummer image at all. The fact that they chose to market it to a much larger audience so they can afford to continue to build it and improve it is just a good business decision.