View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
with a 20x10 wheel and -25 offset, should i go with a 37x12.50 wide or 37x13.50?

Fabtech's website lists the correct backspacing needed for their kits. I understand you're not using Fabtech's kit, but it might give you an idea of what to look for. Again, everyone is looking at offset only, and I understand it's what wheel manufacturers list, but we should be looking at backspacing AND offset. If you find a wheel you like, call and get the specs. A 10-20 minute phone call can save a lot of hunting around and headaches later...

There is also a tech article on another website (don't think I'm allowed to post it here) that describes the requirements for the Fabtech lift. PM me and I'll direct you there.

I keep thinking of things to add. When I purchased my truck, the previous owner had 37's with 22" wheels, and they rubbed. I changed to 38's on a 20" wheel, and avoided rubbing my sways by changing to a correct backspacing. I also lifted my truck a bit more, but that has nothing to do with the sway bar issue.
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat

Last edited by charles06 : 11-15-2011 at 05:12 PM.