View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 04:28 PM
k9tim

Default Re: Sunroof Leaks and Keyless Entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood
Thanks Mate, I will keep everything you said in mind (especially water damage and warrenty info). I will talk to dealer next time I am there, but with this 1 dealer per state setup, my dealer is 40 minutes away, a little bit of a pain in the butt.

As for other questions:
Yes tried both remotes - changed batteries - etc
No - No bag phone or any such thing.
At home - near airpot, maybe possibility of radio interferance.
But, does not work in random places / times with or without interferance
I can be two feet away still doesnt work

Lol -> the latest discovery I have made is, if the remote isn't working, give it a couple of sharp taps and bingo, works again.

Doc

It is Radio Interference. Mine does it too.
I started noticing that every once in a while when I went to the grocery store my keyless died on me. I figured out that if I park in a specific part of the parking lot they never worked. 20 feet away in another spot they work fine.
I am guessing it's either a neon sign or possibly a microwave that isnt in the best of shape. I don't know what frequency the key fobs run at and I havent put them on my freq counter but I am guessing around 900MHz.

On another note, if I'm feeling cruel (I would never do this ) if I am driving thru a parking lot I can transmit on my 2meter radio pushing 50watts and without fail I will set off car alarms.
Kind of like radio interference, but more of a front end overload on the alarms.

Really freaks people out