View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 02:02 PM

SJ is off the scale

Toyota IS JAPANESE - it is NOT American!!!!! It may be assembled (pieced together) on American soil, but the product you're supporting and the nameplate you're proliferating is still foreign. The ultimate CONTROL and revenue filters back to Japan.

It irks me when people make excuses to buy Japanese and think it's OK because it's "made in America." Bullshyt - it is a foreign product that benefits from lower tariffs and import quotas by assembling on US soil.

Toyota started building cars by taking apart a Chevy and examining it piece-by-piece. Same as the Soviets that copied our F15 fighters to develop their own product [MiG 29]. The Toyota Tundra is a complete rip-off of the Ford F150.

I have a H2 and Chevy truck. Each serves a different purpose, so why do jealous morons feel the need to come here and bash a product that is designed, manufactured, and sold in America using mostly American parts?

What kind of red-blooded American bashes a Hummer and touts a Toyota? Sounds like a sell-out to me. I couldn't drive a Toyota with a clear conscience; knowing I could have supported an American brand, but it's a free-market economy, so I don't bash foreign brands. My issue is with folks that tout Japanese products while at the same time bashing their very own (Ford, GM).

My relatives come from Europe and they're utterly shocked at the number of Japanese cars on our roads. They can't fathom that we allow so many foreign products to flood our roads. If so many peope have this attitude that we should buy Japanese and bash our own brands, then I may be the last guy to buy American.

I'm perfectly happy with bull riding, apple pie, and my Chevy truck. You can keep your Toyota, but It's not American - never was and never will be!
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png