View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Hummer Authority

Bimmer9938 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Official "Elcova" H2 Body Lift thread (for those who say it can't be done).

Quote:
For those who have done the 2" Body Lift, I have some questions: What size bolts (I think the 2500HD use metric sizes M12-1.75x160mm and 80mm for the 2" body Lift...in 10.9 strength...is that correct and how many of each...also, I have searched online, but can't seem to find a store which sells these. Any help here?). Also, how many lift pucks in what width...thanks for any help. Cheers, Indy.

I'm not sure what size the bolts are as I bought a 03-05 2500HD kit, I do know even if you buy the kit you will still need to buy two additional bolts. I would call Performance Accessories (the company who makes the kit) and check with them regarding bolt size. If they won't sell you the bolts I would check with www.boltdepot.com they carry everything. The kit uses the 2"BB for the most of the body and that is what I used. The frame has a total of 12 mounts (I just went outside and counted), depending on what you do about your front bumper and DRL fascia you would need more more than that. (I used eight 2"BB and two 2"SB to raise the front bumper).

*Note I had to use two additional 2"BB on the bumper top mounting boats cause they hold my SMA grill guard brackets, so you could probably just use six 2"BB on the front bumper.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 07-29-2011 at 12:30 AM.