View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Which OPTIMA battery to use?

Well, I just went up to the base Auto Skills Center and put in my new battery. I ordered the Optima Red Top Series 25 (or S 3,7 as it is called here). For me here, it cost just over $200 with shipping.

The Series 25 sat very nicely in the base of the H3's 9-inch long battery box. I went to the grinder and grinded a channel in the retaining wedge (that sits a top of the battery retaining strap). The channel was about the depth and width of the nut that holds it down. This allowed me to tighten the strap down nice and securely. I tried to reuse the battery box lid, but the Series 25 sits just a hair lower, and the holes in the cover were not a perfect match for the posts. I am not sure at this writing if I will leave uncovered like most of you, or enlarge the holes. I tried to push out by hand the plastic fastener holding the battery box's breather tube, but it didn't want to move. I'll save that for another day.

It will probably be another week before I can drive it as my H3 is all torn a part doing the light modification. It really blows having to tear your brand new car a part.

BTW: Anyone have a good mailing address for the HUMMER Customer Assistance Center? I want to submit a warranty claim for a battery that was sh*t at 74 miles. I emailed HUMMER.com two days ago, but I haven't received a response yet.

Last edited by mountainbiker : 10-28-2006 at 11:53 AM.