View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 05:19 AM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leenigen:
I've thought my shocks were bad but they don't appear to have leaked or be leaking. others have told me they won't go bad without leaking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take them off one at a time and move them in and out while holding them vertically. If they have a good amount of force to move them, they are okay. If they move easily in and out, they are shot. Leaking is a symptom only, I have seen bad shocks be totally dry.

BTW, I have replaced my idler 4 times in the 2.5 years I have owned my truck. It has to do with the amount and intensity of your driving that determines longevity. I had one last 3 weeks, but they were a fun 3 weeks.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts