View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Carey, I am a San Franciscan so naturally I/we am quite used to gays and we interact with gays and lesbians like straights or anybody else, they are everywhere and in every part of the social and business fabrics. Tolerence is part of the San Francisco tradition which we take great pride in, from the days of the hippies. That does not mean I agree with it or if that is normal, and I am annoyed by the high profile, constant noise and political agenda they are always pushing. Likewise I am very uncomfortable to see men kissing or holding hands, or women kissing and holding hands but that is so common here, nobody take a second look.

At this point, I am confused about gay marriage. On one hand I crossed the bridge and say let them do it, its their choice; on the other hand, it seems all wrong and against thousands of years of human tradition and value, and what wrong message it sends to the children and the society at large.

I'd be interested to see what others here think about this. There maybe some surprises.