Thread: While Away
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: While Away

Jamie, I have to tell you that I have total admiration for all of the military guys and gals in Iraq and Afghanistan. That being said ... I think there must be so much pressure on the individual deployed .. just the time to think on the way there, not knowing what to expect .. not knowing what can happen to anyone around you. In the meanwhile, your wife is back in the states. I think the spouse also goes through a sort of denial period knowing that her husband could be in harm's way .. and is away for a number of months. She tries to go about her day .. get through her day .. not wanting to think how many more of those days are ahead of her. Probably going online here is also a way for her to feel a connection to you since you used to post here (and still do) frequently. It's like common ground and a place you both used to come to at the same time. This is not anything close to a comparison by any means, but when my husband takes long business trips, I find myself putting on the 24/7 news radio station that he always listens to, although I dislike it. It sort of makes me feel as if he is here. I know, weird. I think you need to give your wife the benefit of the doubt .. what she is saying could very well be 100% true. You both need to be close emotionally now, not apart. I know someone who has done 3 tours already. He and his wife just have total trust in one another. You have to have trust or all will be lost. Sorry to go on and on here .. just my 2 cents and thoughts, that's all. Stay strong .. and wifey, too. The homecoming will be like one you could never imagine. My thoughts are with you two. You're both great people.