View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rubicon Run - 2006!!!

Latest update. Still in Reno with no loaner, rental or my truck. And I'm not even getting kissed.

Now this fukin dealer called WinkleDinkle is giving it to me good. I pulled in for them to check it out on Tuesday morning. Seems it felt like it was in 4 wheel hi locked as I stated before. So what do they find?

1. My Fabtech tie rods are worn out? What wears on the tie rods?
2. Idler worn
3. Pittman arm worn
4. Ball joint worn
5. Building a case for why the Fabtech are to blame and NOT covered under the GMPP.
6. Something is keeping the transfer case locked. Have yet to diagnose this. The original problem.

Now I have to wait for GMPP to send an adjuster - 24-48 hours. They approved a 48 hour rental, but Enterprise is out of cars!!!!

Spoke to Hummer direct. Not much help. Switched me to GMPP. Again, not much help.

Mona is doing better, now that BeBe brought her the charger.

But I'm about to kill someone, probably the service manager at Dinkles. The mechanic looked at it yesterday for about an hour. First thing he finds is the tie rods. Give me a break. Today he was pulled off it to do a radio install. Are their priorities screwed up? A little courtesy and compassion for a traveler. NFW! How many nice things can I say about these Dinkles - none. I hope they are following this. I am just getting started. I hope all locals switch to a more experienced dealer. If not, I feel your pain.

More to come tomorrow.

Last edited by OldHiker : 10-12-2006 at 02:11 AM.