View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 05:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Dos,
I've seen yodas bust their **** up just like everybody else.
New Year's day of this year I took my H2 out to Brown's Camp to try it out. It was torrential rain that day so I wasn't sure if it'd be much of a day. On my way up to Fire Break 5 I had to ask for directions a couple of times since I'd never been there before. All of the jeepers, yodas and everybody else looked at me like I was crazy to think about taking the "mom-mobile" 4xing. By the way, I saw both a built Jeep and a built Yoda getting strapped back down the main road. When i finally got to the trailhead there were 6-7 other vehicles there making plans to go up. They all looked at me incredulously like there was no way I was even going to get up the first part of the trail to the first little rock garden. I followed them w/o airing down or dropping it into low. when we got up to the rock garden we all parked down the trail and got out to watch each vehicle try to get through the rocks. Remember I said it was raining? Full on pissing would be a better description. Most of the ground out here is sort of like clay, so when it gets wet it gets really slippery. I watched as the other rigs each spent a minimum of 15-20 minutes slipping, sliding, pounding, grinding and bouncing around trying to go about 50 feet. when the last yoda finally got through everyone looked at me and asked if I was gonna try to get through. I said of course and turned to walk back down the trail to my rig. I could hear them softly laughing and talking about the "Tahoe". I got in and put it in low and engaged the rear locker and headed up to the rocks. Short of the story- i made it over the rocks in about 3 minutes without all of the commotion the built-ups had. They were all standing there with their mouths hanging open in disbelief that this "mom-mobile" had just crawled over what they had almost had to winch over. They all had to crowd around and actually get a look at this vehicle that they had all written off as a "mall taxi". All of our vehicles(Hummer, Yodas, Jeeps, ect) have their strengths & weaknesses. How would you like it if the guys that are hardcore quad riders came to your site and started ****-talking you because they say you can't go where they go? Or people with regular cars wondering what's the matter with you for driving such an "outlandish tinker toy" on the road?

[This message was edited by DRTYFN on 09-02-03 at 12:21 AM.]