View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UNOMYFLO:
Update:

I called the dealer parts dept and gae them the TCCM PN# and as is mentioned in an earlier post it is called an encoder motor(actuator assy)

basically the TCCM the large gearbox mounted on the side of the Tcase as he described it with a harness connection.

Well he said they usually stock them but they are on backorder Imagine That? probably replacing tons of them.

Well he totally hooked me up in the event it is the problem when I get to the dealer on Thursady am.

He did a spat? search and found on at another dealer in Jax Fla and he said it should be there tomorrow or firt thing thursday am so if this is the problem the dealer should have the part....he also said if it is not the problem he will put the part on the shelf.
The cost of the module is 205.00.

I am still going to check fo moisture on the harness connection, and remove the TCCM and re-install it tonight and still gte the code if there is one available at lunch.

Back when I have more info.

Thanks again for the part number it proved to be extreemly helpful. If this is the problem you savd me 3 hrs in the car geting to the dealer, I knew the dealer was a drive when I got the H3 but had no idea nor did I think I would have had to go there 4 times for the onstar and now this...I realize it is a first year production and expect some issues..hopefully this will be it for now.

I will also have them replace or check the rear washer pump recall I got.....I still have the cold start up rattle also but I cnat stay at the dealer all day plus it wont do it unless I sleep in the ruck in their lot over night.

I figure whe the rattle happens all the time I will bring it in then for now I have th TCCM to deal with which is a bigger fish... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The encoder motor and TCCM (tcase contorl module) are not one in the same. The encoder motor (actuator) is, like you say, a large motor with a gear set that rotates the transfer case shift détente lever shaft which moves the shift forks and range sleeve to obtain different modes/ranges. It is located on the rear of the Tcase, and is accessed easily with the Tcase shield removed.
This motor is operated by the Transfer Case Control Module, which is located in the end of the I/P, just next to the glove box. The TCCM monitors the buttons and when one is pushed, the TCCM turns on the LED for that switch, and supplies 12 volts to the encoder module, to move the shift lever shaft.
As I explained in my PM, the actuator is called an actuator in the parts end, while it is called an encoder motor in the service procedure end. I'm now pretty confident they are one in the same.
I would check the connectors at both the TCCM and the motor, and also look as far as possible to make sure there are no breaks in any of the wires.
In my PM, I gave you instructions on how to remove the I/P end panel and access the TCCM.
Any electrical component fault can be intermittent or complete. Intermittent conditions are caused many times by loose connectors, bad wires, etc. But they can be internal or due to a calibration under some cases depending on the module.
Send me a PM when you get the codes, this might help pinpoint the problem better.