View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

FROGGY69ER is off the scale

Here is how I did it:
1. Jack up the front wheel, but you dont have to take it off. Just stretch the suspension so you can get to the push-retainers easier.
2. Take out all the plastic push-retainers around the wheel guard.
3. Once you get them all out, work the wheel guard down and out. It takes a little polish persuasion.
4. You will see the signal/marker lights. Disconnect them, and pull the wires out from the conduit.
5. Now the easy part. Expose the marker light wires, and cut the black/ground wire. I did it as far down as I could. Around where the wires spilt. You will tap into the end that goes to the light, the other end will not be used, and should be taped up.
6. Expose the signal light wires. There are three wires, black, and 2 other colors. I found the hot wire by trial and error, but there is a pattern. It will be the odd color out. Tap into it. Don't cut it, use a wire tap, and tap a new wire into it.
7. Connect the other end of the new wire to the ground wire. I used an inline butt connector. Make everything neat and tape it up well. Obviously check it first!!!
8. I also bought new marker lights that are rated for blinkers as well. I thought it might make them last longer.
9. The lights will blink opposite the front blinkers. I think it looks cool.
10. Just to review. Tap a new wire into the hot wire of the blinkers and connect that to the ground wire, which you cut, that goes to the marker light.

Put everything back together....and your done.

THAT'S IT... EASY DAY!!