View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:54 AM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

I had the belt changed and the tensioner checked and the pullys cleaned and I still have the rattle.

I still think it is the water pump but have not confirmed this.

They want the truck overnight and hopefully it will be a clod morning when they check it as it does not do it when the outside temp is over 50 degrees.

I also noticed when looking and listening with the hood opened yesterday I have some oil weeping from the timing cover bolt...the one that you can see right above the crank pully bad thing is to either remove it to put some silicone on it and re-install it to stop the SMALL leak or even to tighten it is impossible without removing the pully from the crank as just half of the head is exposed......

I figure when the bulliten is sent for the 1pillar plastic pieces and the roof rails which I hear they are going to swap out all 4 I will take it in and leave it and get a loaner..have the rails replaced and hopefully they will not crack again once they are re-designed...I will have them hopefully hear the cold start rattle and have them pull the crank pully and put some silicone on the timing cover bolt to stop the oil weep which again is slight but shouldnt be there with 3K on the odo.

DOes anyone have the rattle other than a cold firt in the am start up or does anyone have it in a warm climate like sandiego?

In GA it can be 70 one morning and it wont do it then 2 days later it is 37 and it does it..again once warmed up it goes away totally but until warm the rattle will get louder if the rpm increases while backing out of the driveway 3min later gone...tired of it. I checked all shileds and almost everything I could think of and I am still drawn to the clutch fan mech.

I would love to hear from someone who has had it fixed...I would like to put it to rest once and for all.

UNO