View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Other cool cars and Porsche fans

The Porsche is nice and I LOVED my 1972 911, but for everyday driving and putting the grandkids in the backseat I prefer my M5. For pure driving fun, I think it's hard to beat the Dodge Viper. The prices have fallen steeply on them recently. I had a '94 for 7 years and it's the only car I regret selling. No side windows, no door handles, no AC, two valves per cylinder, no traction control and no ABS. It was a throwback to the Cobra and probably the most daring thing done by any major manufacturer. They are not a car that you can get comfortable in for drives over 2 hours and you have to avoid the side exhaust or you end up with the red badge of courage on your leg when you get out. Great weekenders! My only other gripe was taking the rear wheel off to change the battery, oh yeah, the hood too, probably the most expensive hood to replace on any car, until the aftermarket people got active last year. Seven years and 6000 miles and not one problem except for the steering recall - not bad for what is basically a kit car.
Attached Images