Thread: CTIS disconnect
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leenigen:
It appears that I have other problems besides figuring out how to disconnect each wheel. Your advise worked great on the rear wheels but I have problems with the front. Even with the wheel selector switch in the off position the front leaks air when I get most of the way unthreaded from the hub (the tires go flat). I think the disconnect on the right front is to blame. Its slightly different than the rest in the fact that the hex head threaded into the hub is significantly smaller that the others and when I push in the tab to disconnect the wheel fron the system it easily pops all the way off (but can stop half way like the others if I manually pull the tab back up). Otherwise it looks the same though. Any ideas why I can't remove the front wheels? The right front appears to leak air into the system even when "disconnected", although that is just my idea, it may be another problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sounds like that end is broken.

I'd highly recommend going with the Cepek/GT CTIS lines. They do cost a bit (400 bucks) but they are worth every penny. This way, you can isolate single wheels and not worry about crap like what you're going through.