View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunday !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
I shop at BJ's, but Sam's should always have butts. Ask the butcher. Butts from Sam's should be double packed.

Same with brisket. You can go with a "flat" or a whole "packer". To get a packer you may have to ask. I understand Sam's doesn't always put them out because of their size.

My last brisket was garbage, so let's not talk about that one... I did a small flat on my Weber kettle that was great a few months ago.

I haven't tried smoking cheese, or "cold smoking". I'd melt it....

If you haven't tried ABT's, you should give it a shot. Easy and tasty original jalapeno poppers. Oh, bacon wrapped half sticks of corn-on-the-cob freaking crush it. Most people don't think it would be good just by the sound of it... Then they wrap their lips around it and BAM!

Tonight's Porterhouse and potato pics:
Attachment 51076

I've done brisket on the grill many times but the cuts of meat at Giant Eagle arent as good as I would like. Its always a crap shoot there. Sometimes grilling the brisket its still a tad on the tough side. I use a st louis rub on the brisket. I might try to nab one of those and smoke it this weekend.

What the heck is an ABT??

I've heard about bacon wrapped corn but never tried it. Do you just grill it or make it on the smoker?

Did you ever do a drunken chicken? Did one of those with the ribs last time. I bought a "holder" from cabelas and you throw it on the grill with the beer can and about an hour and a half later you have some of the moistest chicken around!

I usually do my corn in the fire. Soak the husks, wrap in foil and throw them right in the fire. same with the taters but no soaking needed.

I saw in the Bradley cookbook they make some crazy stuff....Smoked Bananas??? Doesnt even sound good....but who knows. I was going to try some almonds for ****s and giggles one of these times too.

How long do you smoke your butts and at about what temp? I've never made one and I dont want to overshoot the "done time".

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett